Monday, July 5, 2010

Road Trip, Mexican Style

Recently, we had to drive to the border of Mexico and Texas for a few work-related things. Although I had driven this way once before (when I first arrived in Mexico about a year ago), I think I was more observant this time around. I thought I'd share two things with you...

On our way up to Texas, I was struck by how mountainous Mexico really is! The Sierra Madre mountain system has some very large mountains. I tried to take a few pictures of the mountains from the car, but the pictures really do not do the grandness justice.

Also, crossing the border itself is always somewhat fun and exciting. One thing that is neat is that on one part of the bridge, there is a sign that shows the exact dividing line between the two countries. So, the people in the front of the van can be in the U.S.A. while the people in the back of the van are still in Mexico! :)

the mountains in Mexico

on the road again...


crossing the border...

No comments:

Post a Comment